I am hobbyist programmer for the most part, although I do write programs at work for my own use (my job used to occasionally involves working with massive piles of data and spreadsheets and comparing and/or extracting bits and pieces), so numerous short programs I have written with the help of SO have saved my sanity.
By day now, I am a Project Manager in the Telecom world and don't get to do the fun stuff anymore, but I am a BSEE & Telecommunications Engineer by trade and education, and the only formal programming training I have is in FORTRAN back in college. I'm self learned in C#, VBA, and a little VB6 mixed in, and my next goal is to try to learn Java.
I'm always looking to know more about C#, LINQ, XML, and XSD, and throw in some SQL as well.
In my personal life, aside from my precious time with my family, I enjoy golf in addition to the aforementioned programming, as well as new technology. I build computers once in a while and am running my own Home Theater PC.
Top Network Posts
- 70Does GPS require Internet?
- 40What are the fantasy secret hats you'd wish to get?
- 32Why specifically was Obi-Wan Kenobi the "only hope" of Princess Leia?
- 31Can @StackStatus tweets be posted to StackStatus.net automatically?
- 30Validate XML against XSD in a single method
- 28"That's not what the comments are for"
- 28Can an airline really refuse to depart when overbooked?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.